Are Persol frames adjustable?
It is generally possible to adjust Persol frames to better fit your face and improve comfort. Persol frames are designed with adjustable nose pads and temple tips, allowing you to achieve a secure and comfortable fit.
Tightening Loose Arms on Persol Sunglasses
If your Persol sunglasses have loose arms, you can easily tighten them yourself using affordable tools. This will save you money compared to professional alterations.
- A sunglass repair kit that includes screws and screwdrivers (recommendations available on Amazon).
How To Tighten Persol Sunglasses
- Gently apply pressure on the corner part of the frames between the lens and hinges, bending it slightly inward without breaking.
- Repeat this step on the other side.
- Test the fit; if still too loose, continue adjusting until it fits comfortably.
- If necessary, use an appropriately-sized screwdriver from the repair kit to tighten the screw clockwise for added comfort.
- If screws are falling out, replace them by removing them completely with a screwdriver.
- Align eyeglass frames and arms properly before inserting a new screw into the hole.
- Securely tighten the new screw with a screwdriver but avoid making it too tight.
- Try on your sunglasses again to ensure they fit correctly; readjust screws as needed.
- Place sunglasses on a flat surface to confirm they are straight after tightening.
Adjusting Acetate Sunglass Arms in Your Temple
Sometimes, sunglass hinges may fit well around your eyes while the arms feel loose on your temples or sides of your head. There's an easy fix for this using items found at home specifically meant for pure acetate arms (do not attempt this technique with other materials).
- A wide bowl filled with hot water (the water should be hot enough to produce steam but not boiling).
- Dip one arm at a time into the bowl of hot water for 5-10 seconds, ensuring only the arms are submerged and not the lenses.
- The heat will soften the acetate, making it pliable for adjustment.
- Use your hand to carefully bend the arm inward until it fits properly.
- Repeat this process on the other side if necessary.
- Try on your sunglasses and continue adjusting if needed.
Note: If you have rimless or semi-rimless Persol sunglasses, avoid using your hands to adjust them as it may cause breakage. Instead, use a sunglass repair kit to tighten screws securely.