How To Hide High Prescription Glasses: 4 Clever Ways To Try!
Are you tired of feeling self-conscious about your high-prescription glasses? Do you find yourself avoiding social situations or shying away from photos because of them? Well, fear not! This blog post will discuss how to hide high-prescription glasses and feel confident in your frames.
From choosing the right frame shape to selecting the perfect lenses, we have all the tips and tricks for you. Say goodbye to insecurity and hello to stylish eyewear!
Why Do Thick Lenses Make Wearers Uncomfortable?
- Thick frames can make a person look more like that a Coke bottle, making them self-conscious about their faces
- Make glasses uncomfortably heavy for everyday use
- The number of frames of your glasses that can be limited
- Thick edges of your lenses are vulnerable to chipping
How To Hide High Prescription Glasses?
Below are some methods to help you enjoy wearing glasses without discomfort or self-consciousness.
Choose the Suitable Material
Did you know that most of the standard glasses lenses are made from a material known as CR39? But, here's a little secret- many other materials are available in the market that can make your lenses much thinner and lighter! And guess what? These materials aren't easy on your nose and have the added bonus of being more shattering-resistant. So why stick to the same old boring lens when you can switch it up with something new and exciting!?
Use Rolled and Polished Edges
Regarding eyeglasses, we usually focus on the frame and style. But have you ever noticed that chalky edge around your lenses? It can be distracting and take away from the overall look of your glasses.
Fortunately, there's a solution - ask your optician to polish that edge until it shines like a diamond! This will make the edge less noticeable and give your glasses a polished finish. So next time you're at the store getting new glasses or having adjustments made, remember to ask for this simple upgrade.
Get the Right Frames
Don't let thick lenses hold you back from finding the perfect frames. With a few helpful tips, you can choose a stylish frame that perfectly hides any lens thickness.
Consider these options:
- Choose frames with deeper lenses to provide more coverage and prevent the edges of thicker lenses from showing.
- Opt for round or oval-shaped frames, which can give the illusion of thinner lenses.
- Look for frames with smaller bridge sizes or adjustable nose pads to help keep your glasses in place and reduce slippage caused by heavier lenses.
- Consider high-index lenses, which are specially designed to be thinner and lighter than standard lenses while still providing excellent vision correction.
With these suggestions, you can confidently find a pair of glasses that looks great and feels comfortable no matter what type of prescription you need.
Get Anti-reflective Lenses
If you're someone who wears glasses, you know that thicker lenses can be a bit of a pain. Not only can they weigh your frames down, but they also tend to reflect more light, leading to those pesky glares and reflections. But what if we told you there was a way to make those lenses virtually disappear?
By opting for lenses that minimize reflections, you'll find that your frames sit more comfortably on your face and your eyes become the focal point once again. With less glare bouncing off the lens surface, others can see straight through them and focus on the beauty of your peepers instead!